CHAT

Creator:

Holiday sale prices on MIXIOM ELITE are up! Sale ends Dec 5th!

Creator:

Channel Tres RA mix is fantastic!

Creator:

Check out our twitter page for a free MIXIOM ELITE membership, just post a pic of mixiom.com on your computer!

Creator:

I'm sure many of you will be thankful, we're switching to the European date format

Creator:

Indeed it is!

Login or register to post shouts
Mallam28139
RichardFT20079287
dodisman8541
munkyn7957
AndyP5639
swanson5665420
craddock5307
cavin5303
freebird32204956
r2d24482

Andrew Weatherall - a god among men

Login to reply  Page: « < 1 of 1 > »
23 Feb 2020 - 17:455945
Andrew Weatherall - a god among men
This certainly deserves a forum thread. I can't describe how devastated I was when I heard about Andrew's passing. His Essential Mixes were my introduction, but he never stopped blowing my mind with his many 6 Mixes and other random gems. I just uploaded my favorite of all of his mixes, which was him back-to-back with Ivan Smagghe. Hope you all like it. It starts with old-school rockabilly and then proceeds into some serious crowd moving tuneage.

I just found this 4+ hour mix of Andy's and can't stop listening to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqOCi6lm3Rw. It's exactly how I envision an Andrew Weatherall show: starts WAY slow and groovy, the crowd starts to fill the floor, and it slowly builds until everyone is dancing their asses off. I really wish I could've experienced one of his shows.

RIP Andrew Weatherall. You are one of my heroes and will never be forgotten.

24 Feb 2020 - 01:035946
First off, glad to see you back around these parts Cavin. Second, Amen. Andrew was indeed a god. I remember being utterly blown away by his early EM, just realizing I'd never heard anything like it. It was definitely one of the mixes that inspired me to create this community. I knew there was a need to preserve and provide these amazing creations for the world.

They rebroadcast his 93 mix, i'll get it on the site here soon.

Thank you for starting the thread and honoring him.

C

Last edited by Creator (24 Feb 2020 - 01:05)
26 Feb 2020 - 15:425947
WeatherDrive
Mixmag consolidated his music on Google Drive.. Link is in the article.. https://mixmag.net/read/andrew-weatherall-dj-mix-tracks-best-recordings-live-news

27 Feb 2020 - 22:405948
Awesome, thanks for the link doug. I've been re-listening to all the mixes of his that I have and will definitely start exploring this trove soon.

29 Feb 2020 - 15:285949
That YouTube set is something else. I think I'll add it to the site when I get a chance.

29 Feb 2020 - 20:225950
Do it Richard! Andy was rocking it from start to end that night.

I grabbed the mkv and opus for myself, but I'm not sure if the opus can be uploaded directly to MR, and if not I don't know the best way to upload YouTube audio to MR. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

01 Nov 2020 - 23:235975
WELL SID:)

20 Nov 2022 - 15:285998
Quote cavin:
Do it Richard! Andy was rocking it from start to end that night.

I grabbed the mkv and opus for myself, but I'm not sure if the opus can be uploaded directly to MR, and if not I don't know the best way to upload YouTube audio to MR. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

I never got around to uploading this set, until now...

https://www.mixiom.com/content/andrew-weatherall-live-303-liverpool-birthday-13-05-2017

I grabbed the AAC version and upped it directly to the site, instead of the Opus. That avoided any lossy to lossy re-encoding.

20 Nov 2022 - 16:385999
Nice Richard!